Used Rostyle wheels

Jeff Detwiler

I’ve been offered a couple of Rostyle wheels (ref photo). What would be a fair offer?
I am unsure whether they will clean up for a DIY paint job or will they need to be sandblasted and primed (ie. more cost) as to whether they’re worth it.
Has anyone sandblasted a set of wheels recently and what did that cost?
Thanks,

Ryan Kubanoff

Jeff,
I and a few others took our wheels to Bonehead performance. The blasted my wheels for a believe $60 each but if you bring it to them or call them they are very helpful and will give you a price per wheel. Also RPM in Morrisville will remove the tires and remount them for $15 each.
Ryan

On 08/25/2022 11:42 AM Jeff Detwiler via groups.io <nsp7919@...> wrote:

I’ve been offered a couple of Rostyle wheels (ref photo). What would be a fair offer?
I am unsure whether they will clean up for a DIY paint job or will they need to be sandblasted and primed (ie. more cost) as to whether they’re worth it.
Has anyone sandblasted a set of wheels recently and what did that cost?
Thanks,

Attachments:

Roger Searle

Just need the cap not the whole wheel.  Reverend Mark offered me one.

Thanks Jeff, Roger

I’ve been offered a couple of Rostyle wheels (ref photo). What would be a fair offer?
I am unsure whether they will clean up for a DIY paint job or will they need to be sandblasted and primed (ie. more cost) as to whether they’re worth it.
Has anyone sandblasted a set of wheels recently and what did that cost?
Thanks,
Attachments:

Roger Searle

Just need the hub cap and Reverend Mark has one.

Thanks Ryan.  Roger

I and a few others took our wheels to Bonehead performance. The blasted my wheels for a believe $60 each but if you bring it to them or call them they are very helpful and will give you a price per wheel. Also RPM in Morrisville will remove the tires and remount them for $15 each.
Ryan
On 08/25/2022 11:42 AM Jeff Detwiler via groups.io <nsp7919@...> wrote:

I’ve been offered a couple of Rostyle wheels (ref photo). What would be a fair offer?
I am unsure whether they will clean up for a DIY paint job or will they need to be sandblasted and primed (ie. more cost) as to whether they’re worth it.
Has anyone sandblasted a set of wheels recently and what did that cost?
Thanks,
Attachments:

Daniel Commale

Hello,

I received a quote from Sports Car Tire in Wilmington, Delaware. They gave me a quote of $700 to recondition the 4 wheels and mount new tires. This included making sure the wheels were “true“. They also sandblast and powder coat the wheels.

Thank you,
Dan Commale
1977 MGB

On Thursday, August 25, 2022, 11:53 AM, Roger Searle via groups.io <searlerb@...> wrote:

Just need the hub cap and Reverend Mark has one.

Thanks Ryan.  Roger

I and a few others took our wheels to Bonehead performance. The blasted my wheels for a believe $60 each but if you bring it to them or call them they are very helpful and will give you a price per wheel. Also RPM in Morrisville will remove the tires and remount them for $15 each.
Ryan
On 08/25/2022 11:42 AM Jeff Detwiler via groups.io <nsp7919@...> wrote:

I’ve been offered a couple of Rostyle wheels (ref photo). What would be a fair offer?
I am unsure whether they will clean up for a DIY paint job or will they need to be sandblasted and primed (ie. more cost) as to whether they’re worth it.
Has anyone sandblasted a set of wheels recently and what did that cost?
Thanks,
Attachments:

Rev. Mark McDowell

Jeff,

As an adventurous Scotsman I am both keen to try things myself and like to do so as cheaply as possible. All joking aside, if you have some basic skills and patience, you can do the wheels yourself.

I simply scrubbed, degreased, and power washed mine, then scuffed the whole thing with fine sandpaper and degreased again. Primer, base coat of silver, PAINSTAKING taping process, and gloss black. (Can't find any pictures of the taped wheels). As with most jobs, the preparation is what takes the most time.

If I can help, let me know.

Mark

Rev. Mark S. McDowell, Pastor
Abington Baptist Church
1501 Huntingdon Road
Abington, PA 19001
215-884-4569 (Office)
609-477-8466 (Cell)

On Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 12:06:55 PM EDT, Daniel Commale via groups.io <chryslerman15@...> wrote:

[...]

Ira Spector

I would just wire brush them, wipe them, and buy the MGB mask. Then paint them with argent silver from Eastwood. You can make them come out looking like new for under 50 bucks.

Ira

On Aug 25, 2022, at 12:06 PM, Daniel Commale via groups.io <chryslerman15@...> wrote:

[...]

Careful taping is critical. I used Rustoleum for the black.

Ira