Re: '78 MGB Battery

Rich Williamson

Your solution is simple for not having your next battery drain.

I have a clock and my iPod even charges until it is full.

This is what I use.

Even if I haven’t started the car in some time (during the winter) and have to crank it over quite a bit, there is always enough juice to get it going.

I use this one:

Even the junior model would work on this.

Install the quick disconnect, it makes life easier.

I heard yah leaving a battery on concrete will drain the battery… i am pretty sure it is an old wife’s tale, but perhaps not.

Rich

On Feb 27, 2018, at 9:22 AM, searlerb@... [Philly_MG_Club] <Philly_MG_Club@...> wrote:

All,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a new battery for my 1978 B?

My old battery is about 4 years old. I had to recharge it this winter after letting it sit for a couple weeks.  Previously it would hold it charge for several winter weeks and start the car without a problem.

I don't have a battery disconnect switch and the with clock and radio memory draws something like 30 milliamps just sitting.

Thanks,

Roger

______
Rich Williamson

HOME COMPUTER e-mail address that is not checked that often.