Re: Wire wheels - Anyone know where I can get tires mounted?

Rich Williamson

Nils,

Thanks a lot for the tip about Tire City in Bristol.  I just called and talked to Richie.  He is old school, and tells me that he wants to personally do the work, and that he stocks 14 inch tubes and has all the equipment to do the job.

The way he talked and asked me questions, he really knew what he was talking about, he even figured out what type of car it was before I told him.

I arranged to stop in there on Friday morning.  I am going to have him change all of the tubes for me to new ones.  This is the first person who didn't get concerned when I mentioned knock off wire wheels.  I am very optimistic.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Now that I think about it, I don't remember Creamery tire mentioning anything about putting in new tubes to me, or seeing it on the invoice... I suspect they reused the old tubes.  This kind of defeats the purpose of getting new rubber.

Live and learn.

Thanks again,