Re: Saturday..... the Simeone Museum

Larry Macy <lmacy@...>

Theresa and are going to miss it as well. I am still recovering from the long trip to WY and back and the Midget has an expired inspection.

Larry

On May 22, 2009, at 8:49 PM, Bill Hixson wrote:

Steve,

Won't be able to make it. Please have someone take photos that can be used for the News Letter.
Have Fun. Thanks,
BILL
79 MGB  V6T5

p.s.. On Saturday I have several tech sessions running simultaneously on my B.

On May 22, 2009, at 4:04 PM, Steve Harding wrote:

Ken - see you there. - Steve

To: Philly_MG_Club@yahoogroups.com
From: ken.collins@saralee.com
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:12:02 -0400
Subject: RE: [Philly_MG_Club] FW: News from the Simeone Museum

I am planning to attend as well.

Ken Collins

From: amanda@simeonemuseum.org
To: mgbgt1@hotmail.com
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 02:27:22 +1000
Subject: News from the Simeone Museum

News From The Simeone Museum

"Demonstration Day" Rousing Success - Becomes Monthly Event Through October
Jaguar Demo DayOn Saturday, April 25th, we ran our first "Demonstration Days" featuring Jaguar. The response was so enthusiastic that we're now making Demonstration Days a regular event at the Museum on the 4th Saturday of each month through October. A crowd of almost 100 saw our D-type, C-Type and SS-100 Jaguars run flawlessly (thanks to John Longbottom who helped fire them up. Also, thanks to volunteers Phil Giannini, Valerie D'Angelo and Bob Malkin). Dr. Simeone gave a brief, informative talk on each car before he took them out for a run.

 The next Demonstration Day is May 23rd at 12 Noon.
The theme is "Ford Glory Days" and we'll be driving our GT40Mk II, the Ford Mk IV and our Cobra Daytona Coupe. Hopefully we won't need it, but check our Web site for any rain dates.

These Saturday events are included as part of the regular admission price and feature a discussion by Dr. Simeone about the cars being driven that day. Then we'll fire them up and you can hear them run! Full details and dates here.

Own A Piece Of Automotive History

You’re looking at the K-1 Attack: an award-winning ride that was built and raced by students on the West Philly Hybrid X Team.  Built as a hybrid supercar, it now runs on biodiesel.

 Attack

No stranger to competition, this visionary team has built and raced alternative fuel vehicles for the last 10 years. The team displayed the Attack at our Dedication last November, and even Mario Andretti was amazed at what these kids had accomplished.

The team is now gearing up to enter the international Progressive Automotive X PRIZE competition, where once again they’ll be tasked with designing a viable, clean, super-efficient car that people want to buy. But to finance their next car, they need to sell this one.

It's currently for sale on eBay. Log on to eBay Motors and search for item #190306283553, or "K1 Attack." But hurry - the auction ends May 18. They’ve got the vision.  All they need are the funds. Put your bid in today!

These Volunteers Don't Mind Getting Their Hands Dirty!
Volunteers are vitally important to our operations - and no where more so than helping Curator Kevin Kelly with maintaining our cars. Recently Shop Intern Andrew Kelly (no relation), and Volunteers James Callahan, John Longbottom and Ben Gall have had their hands full getting the Jaguars and Fords ready for their Demonstration Days. (Kevin and Andrew are shown in the photo trying to figure out suspension settings on the Mk II.) In addition, they've been cleaning and repairing the gas tanks on the C-Type and Blower Bentley.

"Thank You!" to these helpers, and to all our volunteers.

Gift Shop Special Offer
We just received a new shipment of Simeone Museum t-shirtsTshirtand we're going to be selling them for just $5 (normally $8) until the end of June.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL!!!

If you act before the end of June, we'll also include - ABSOLUTELY FREE - a copy of our 28-page Museum Program, chock full of text and photos of all the cars in the collection.
We know you've been thinking about coming back to theMuseum. Here's two good reasons. Please mention you saw this offer in the newsletter to get the special pricing.

UBS "Motor Cars Under the Stars" to be held at the Simeone Museum

We are honored to have been selected as the venue for the2009 UBS "Motor Cars Under the Stars." This premier event, presented by UBS Financial Services to benefit United Cerebral Palsy, will provide guests with a memorable evening filled with collector automobiles from exclusive private collections, alongside modern day classics from Jaguar and Land Rover. Admire these classic works of art while enjoying cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and gourmet food stations in a wonderful setting. Full details here.

Be A Volunteer! Get a Family Membership!
At this time we are very much in need of volunteers to work our welcome desk and/or gift shop on weekends and also for the many upcoming events scheduled here at the museum!  This would include collecting admission fees, selling gift shop items  and fielding general information questions.

As a special thank you to all volunteers who work one 8-hour day, we will be giving you a free volunteer membership for one year. The membership includes discounted admission and gift shop merchandise, plus a Simeone Museum t-shirt and program - a $150 value!

If you would like to become a Volunteer, please simply reply to this email, or call Amanda Bartley at 215-365-7233.

Upcoming

Events

Motorcars Under The Stars

Car Clubs and Groups

Schedule your next car club meeting at the Simeone Museum. Call for details.

Rent theMuseum for your next event

We can handle groups from 10 to over 1000. Make your next event a winner! Call for rates.

(215) 365-7233

This transmission is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient you should not read, disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use the information contained in this transmission. The information contained in this transmission may be confidential and/or privileged. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this transmission including any attachments.

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in sideways, Margaritas in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"