Re: Used Rostyle wheels

Rev. Mark McDowell

Jeff,

As an adventurous Scotsman I am both keen to try things myself and like to do so as cheaply as possible. All joking aside, if you have some basic skills and patience, you can do the wheels yourself.

I simply scrubbed, degreased, and power washed mine, then scuffed the whole thing with fine sandpaper and degreased again. Primer, base coat of silver, PAINSTAKING taping process, and gloss black. (Can't find any pictures of the taped wheels). As with most jobs, the preparation is what takes the most time.

If I can help, let me know.

Mark

Rev. Mark S. McDowell, Pastor
Abington Baptist Church
1501 Huntingdon Road
Abington, PA 19001
215-884-4569 (Office)
609-477-8466 (Cell)

On Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 12:06:55 PM EDT, Daniel Commale via groups.io <chryslerman15@...> wrote:

Hello,

I received a quote from Sports Car Tire in Wilmington, Delaware. They gave me a quote of $700 to recondition the 4 wheels and mount new tires. This included making sure the wheels were “true“. They also sandblast and powder coat the wheels.

Thank you,
Dan Commale
1977 MGB

On Thursday, August 25, 2022, 11:53 AM, Roger Searle via groups.io <searlerb@...> wrote:

Just need the hub cap and Reverend Mark has one.

Thanks Ryan.  Roger