From: John Twist - University Motors Online <johntwist@...>
Date: August 7, 2022 at 7:28:44 PM EDT
To: rogerotto@...
Subject: John Twist's MG Tech Zoom Monday 08 Aug 2022

John Twist's MG Tech Zoom
Monday, 08 August 2022, 7:00pm EST
First and foremost:
Support the Ukrainian people in their time of need!

Join over 100 MG enthusiasts in our next two-hour MG Technical Zoom, Monday, 08 August 2022, at 7:00 pm EST.

The techniques for fitting the eight Lift-the-Dot studs on the MGB will open our tech discussion. Following that brief instruction we will move into our "Question and Answer" format. You can pose a question about any MG model, any MG subject in the chat section.. John Twist will answer / comment on your question and others on the Zoom call will often choose to comment about their experience.

Follow this link:

Topic: John Twist's Zoom Meeting
Time: Aug 8, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 298 089 2175
Passcode: Twist
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,2980892175#,,,,*156914# US (Chicago)
+16469313860,,2980892175#,,,,*156914# US

Dial by your location
    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
    +1 646 931 3860 US
    +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
    +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
    +1 564 217 2000 US
    +1 669 444 9171 US
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    +1 386 347 5053 US
Meeting ID: 298 089 2175
Passcode: 156914
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbi88o1zEI

PICTURES

Picture #1 -- Lift-the-Dot studs fitted with black nylon washers underneath.

Picture #2 -- Clean the interior panels with lacquer thinner.

Picture #3 -- Fit the arch carpeting first followed by the small rectangular filler.

Picture #4 -- Fit the rear panel and side panels.

Picture #5 -- Now the rear of the soft top fits easily onto the studs

BRITISH SPORTSCAR HALL of FAME 2023

Calling for your suggestions for candidates for the British Sportscar Hall of Fame Class of 2023. Who should receive this honor next year? Perhaps you have in mind a long time club organizer, a shop owner, a racer, or a newsletter editor. Follow this link to add your suggestion:

COMING EVENTS

Central Pennsylvania
British Car Fest
In Altoona PA
Sat - Sun Aug 27-28, 2022
Tech Seminar by John Twist
Thu - Fri Aug 25-26, 2022
Contact Jim Pastore, Altoona, PA

Hunt Country Classic
Sunday, October 9th
Willoughby Farm in Marshall, VA

PAST EVENTS
08-08-08 SUMMER PARTY

In celebration of the "eights" we held a Summer Party 14 years ago at Kirk Park on Lake Michigan, the site of our first Summer Party in 1977. We left the Hilton Parking Lot at 08:08:08 on 08 Aug 2008. It was my late wife Caroline's last summer party.

Nearly 100 MGs participated.

Pictured is John Twist talking to Marla Zebarah, long time member of the Detroit Windsor MGCC and to Jeremy Holdsworth, co-organizer of the most recent NAMGBR MG2022 in Peterborough, Ontario. Bruce Wyckoff has his back to the camera.

Park McRitchie's heavily modified MGB.

Reinout Vogt's MG Midget.

Ben Bush's supercharged MG TD MK II.

Yoshi Ishihara, MGB owner visiting from Japan.