Re: Philly MG Club - June Tech Session - Engine Rebuild

Rev. Mark McDowell

Wish I could attend. Sorry to miss it.

Mark

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 2:04 PM, Roger Searle via groups.io
<searlerb@...> wrote:
I plan on coming.  Afterward, I may stop at the Fitzwater Station for refreshment if anyone cares to join me.

Roger Searle

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Williams <rogerotto@...>
To: PhillyMGClub@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jun 19, 2021 12:13 pm
Subject: [PhillyMGClub] Philly MG Club - June Tech Session - Engine Rebuild

Hello All

Kevin McLemore has agreed to leading the rebuild of the engine for my 1966 Austin Cooper S as part of an MG Club Tech Session.

All Philly MG Club members are welcome to attend.  Kevin will explain as he goes and will field questions as work progresses.  I know I will have questions!

My 1275 A-Series BMC engine is similar to the MG engine except the Mini transmission fits directly under the    transversely mounted engine.

In preparation for this session Kevin and I dismantled the engine (on which I had performed a “dry fit”) and had me send the distributor to Advanced Distributor and the camshaft to Delta Cams for refurbishments.  The gearbox was rebuilt as well in preparation for this rebuild.

Here is the engine before it was disassembled.

The details are :
Date :  Sunday, June 27
Time :  beginning at 9 AM
Location : 3859 Somerset Drive
                    Collegeville
Phone :  484.902.8066 - 215.527.2853
Email : rogerotto@...

My home is located in 55+ Traditions at Skippack (TAS) across from the old Perkiomen Valley airport (Collegeville Road entrance).  The TAS Mill Road entrance is approximately 1 mile up from Evansburg State Park where we hold the Club’s Saturday Breakfast.

Please RSVP.  Refreshments and light lunch will be provided.

Roger Williams