Hey Jim....I picked up info on this car show from a broadcast email from Lew Phillips of DVCMG about 3 weeks ago. Long story short, DVT is going as well and I just thought that you guys from Phila MG club may want to go. The Birches show coordinator: Sue Founds is really excited about the show - I met with her this morning but didn't think of you guys until I got home...I know she'd love to have more cars so, if you're interested, give her a call - tell her you spoke to me and she'll probably make up a new flyer!
Below is an email I sent to Bob DeLucia for DVT's broadcast blurb...feel free to cut & paste for your club.
Also attached is their latest flyer.
I met with The Birches Car Show contact Sue Founds this morning. Attached is their Flyer for the show....you'll see that Del Val MG T Series Club has been invited too.
Since this is their first post-COVID show I was able to make some suggestions...basically this show is all about giving residents a chance to recapture their memories of our cars - here's the highlights:
* the show will run from 1pm to 5pm
* we will have dedicated parking close to the main entrance for easy access to rest rooms; there is a gazebo close by for shade plus the staff will erect pop-up tents for shade as well
* the audience will be primarily residents of Arbor Square Home and The Birches; residents' family members, staff members plus anyone who happens by!
* there will be people's choice judging by decade of MG's and Triumphs, i.e. people's choice best of 1950 thru 1959 Triumph & MG; 1960 thru 1969 Triumph & MG; etc.
* there is no charge to attend the show
* goodie bags will be handed out to all car owners
* cold drinks and snacks will be available during the show - no charge
* Pizza and salads will be available closer around 4pm to 5pm - no charge